Hello, We recently encountered an issue after migrating a project where the requirements (although there in the table of requirements) can't be accessed. When we click on the requirement, we get an error that states that the requirement doesn't exist or is missing. When we started analyzing the issue we determined that the issue is because there is no root folder for the requirements.
Any help on this issue is appreciated, HomerJ
Answer by Dan · Feb 17 at 03:24 PM
Hi HomerJ, I have seen this issue before and the following queries were able to resolve the issue:
UPDATE REQ SET RQ_REQ_PATH = 'AAFAAD' WHERE RQ_REQ_ID = 23512; UPDATE REQ SET RQ_FATHER_ID = -1,RQ_ORDER_ID = 1,RQ_REQ_REVIEWED = 'Not Reviewed',RQ_REQ_PATH = 'AAA',RQ_REQ_STATUS = 'N/A',RQ_REQ_NAME = 'Requirements',RQ_NO_OF_SONS = 10 WHERE RQ_REQ_ID = 0; UPDATE REQ SET RQ_FATHER_ID = 0 WHERE RQ_FATHER_ID = -1 AND rq_req_id != 0;
This query creates the parent "requirements" root folder for the orphaned requirements.
As with all recommendations, a current back up should be maintained and handy before attempting to apply any resolution, so should undesired results occur, the prior can be restored.
Hope this helps, Dan