Good Morning Wormy,
This is how I restore QTP Scripts that get corrupted. This also assumes QC 11. Hope these steps will help you out.
How to restore a project as a test or single File Recovery Project:
1. Restore the database using a different database name and the file repository of the project from backup.
2. Find the dbid.xml file in the file repository of the project and open it for editing.
3. Check that the ''db server'' value is correct. If not, update it.
4. Change the name of the project ''PROJECT_NAME'' Backup Project ''/PROJECT_NAME''
5. Change the DB_NAME value to match step a above ''DB_NAME'' default_BackupProject_db ''/DB_NAME''
6. Change the value of PR_IS_ACTIVE to N: ''PR_IS_ACTIVE'' N ''/PR_IS_ACTIVE''
7. Delete the Project UID ''PROJECT_UID'' fb7a94d7-ec81-489f-8745-725aa123e35f ''/PROJECT_UID''
8. Save the file.
9. Restore the project: go to Site Administrator->Site Projects and click on Restore.
10. Once the restore is complete, right click the project and go to Maintain Project->Reallign Repository.
11. Activate the Project.
12. Go to Site Administrator->Site Configuration and find the SUSPEND_REPOSITORY_MIGRATION parameter. If it is set to Y, click on the Edit button and set the value to N.
13. Go to Site Administrator->Site Configuration and find the SUSPEND_REPOSITORY_GC parameter. If it is set to Y, click on the Edit button and set the value to N.
File Recovery after restore
1. Open QTP and connect to the newly restored project
2. Open the file to recover and save it to the local file system
3. Disconnect QTP from the restored Project
4. Connect QTP to the Production Project
5. Open file saved to local file system
6. Save file to Production Project
7. Delete Old file from Local File system and Production Project.