Hello! The following sections describe the various tabs of the WebGate Customization dialog box.
**Web Server Settings Tab:**
The Web Server Settings tab configures the 'Web Server Credentials', 'WebClient certificates', and 'General HTTP Settings'.
Web Server Credentials Section: When the web server requires user credentials, for example with SSO, enter Web Server Username, Web Server Password, and Domain. Select the 'Always ask for credentials' checkbox to force credentials to be entered for the web server to load.
Selecting 'Always ask for credentials' causes ALM Explorer to ask for Web/Proxy credentials, even if they are specified by the tool. If a user is not working with ALM Explorer, do not select this setting.
Headers Section: When the 'Add basic authentication header' checkbox is selected, the user will be presented with the following options.
- Add when a cookie is present
- Do not add when a cookie is present
For SSO users, this option must be selected to allow testing tools and Microsoft add-ins to connect.
For SSO users, this option must be selected in case the SSO response does not contain an HTTP authentication error code for an unauthorized request.
WebClient Certificates Section: Select Use client certificate according to the desired mode to define a client certificate if the HTTP server requires it for authentication. After selecting the checkbox for the desired mode, click the 'Select' button that displays to select that certificate.
- Use Client certificate - Not specify mode: No specific execution mode is set, but the OTA script displays user dialogs.
- Use Client certificate - Interactive mode: The OTA script displays user dialogs.
- Use Client certificate - Non-interactive mode: The OTA script does not display user dialogs.
Note: To run UFT tests in a smart card authentication environment, select Non-interactive mode and select the smart card authentication certificate.
General HTTP Settings Section: Set the following HTTP settings:
- Connection Timeout: Set the timeout in seconds for the HTTP connection between the ALM client or OTA script and the ALM server.
- Enable HTTP Compression: The HTTP traffic from the ALM server to the ALM client is compressed with a standard HTTP-compliant gzip compression.
- Use Default User Agent: Regulate the user agent value in HTTP requests to the ALM server. Select this checkbox to use the TeamSoft WinInet Component. Otherwise the user agent is the same as for Internet Explorer.
QCCH - SSL Type Section: Select the SSL type for the QCCH (QC Connectivity Helper) connection from the dropdown list.
**Proxy Settings Tab:**
The Proxy Settings tab configures the proxy server and proxy credentials.
Proxy Section: Set the type of proxy server:
- Use a Proxy Server: Select this option if the ALM client or OTA script is using a proxy to connect to the ALM server. Enter the proxy server port in 'Proxy Port' field, and enter the proxy server I.P. or machine name into the 'Proxy Server' field.
- Use IE Proxy Server: Select this option if the Internet Explorer proxy setting is used for the ALM client or OTA script connection to the ALM server. This option and the 'Use a Proxy Server' option are mutually exclusive.
- Bypass Proxy Server: Select this option to bypass the proxy settings, when the ALM client or OTA script does not use a proxy to connect to the ALM server
Proxy Credentials Section: Populate the 'Proxy Username', 'Proxy Password', and 'Domain' fields with the if the proxy server requires user credentials. Select the 'Always ask for credentials' checkbox to force credentials to be entered for the proxy server to load.
Selecting the 'Always ask for credentials' checkbox causes ALM Explorer to ask for Web/Proxy credentials even if they are specified by the tool. If a user is not working with ALM Explorer, do not select this setting.
**Log Settings Tab:**
The Log Settings tab configures the log file.
WebClient Log Section: Select the 'Write Client