ALM 11 error in Defect GUI while setting up filter

  • Questions
  • ALM 11 error in Defect GUI while setting up filter
Question ID: 108450
0
0

Hi Team,
I have several projects in ALM 11. Most of these projects have an issue while setting up filter in defect GUI. Example: in one of the project I have setup a filter by "Fix Needed By" field. It throws an error for all users if they use the same filter. The error is "Server has been disconnected while performing GetBugValue action". The error is attached. ![alt text][1]

I have been struggling with this error in most of the projects in ALM 11 patch 19.
I would like to know if there is a solution.

[1]: /storage/temp/841-alm-defect.png

Marked as spam
Posted by (Questions: 30, Answers: 35)
Asked on June 18, 2018 8:56 pm
9 views
Answers (2)
1
Private answer

Miraclefren2m,
From your above description and followup comment it appears that you have fields that aren't populated correctly or with invalid data and this is causing the connectivity to time out for the request and disconnect the server. I generally see this error when the data has some issue/corruption such as you have described with the invalid/mismatched data and this causes the server to time out and disconnect the connection to preserve the resources. Generally finding and correcting (deleting the offending defect is sometimes necessary) the defect that is causing the issue will resolve this issue.

I would recommend elevating the log files to debug level and reproducing the issue to receive the error. Then note the time, userID, etc that caused the issue and look at the log files to see what defect ID is causing the error and correcting the errant data. Then place the log files back to the pre testing level you had prior to this trouble shooting to save space and keep the log files from growing quickly.

Hope this helps,
Dan

Marked as spam
Posted by (Questions: 0, Answers: 730)
Answered on October 16, 2018 3:03 pm
0
Private answer

All,

Finally, I have determine the reson for this error /issue. And I do have a slution to get rid of this error. This error was produce in ALM11 and solution is based of ALM11.

Cause: the clprit was Special characters (Emoji) in Description or Comment field.

Solution: 1st Determine which defect is corrupted. Take a back up of content in Description or Comment field that has Special characters (Emoji). Then wipe out Comment or Description content from backend process runing UPDATE SQL statement. Once, this is done log into the affected project and see how behaves. After successful log into the project, you can re-store the original content into Description or comment field. But, ensure when you re-store not to put Special characters (Emoji).

Marked as spam
Posted by (Questions: 30, Answers: 35)
Answered on January 14, 2019 11:34 pm
Since you have determined that your resolution is the ''best'' answer, you might want to also detail what steps you took to determine the defect and data at fault (as the below did detail that in detail for the generic solution for this issue) or maybe reference and acknowledge the other answer given as guidance. Your solution only fits one specific instance and not the overall generic error. Determining the defect at issue is the most important part of this solution.
( at January 18, 2019 4:45 pm)