I have added few objects from my application and ran the script which worked well. But when I close and open my application, the OR not identifying the properties. If I update it again it works. Can anyone suggest a solution for this?
Question ID: 107317
Marked as spam
Posted by (Questions: 1, Answers: 0)
Asked on December 21, 2016 10:56 am
Answers (1)
Private answer

Sounds like you have one or more objects that have dynamically changing properties. Look at the object in the OR that is failing and see what properties and values are being used to identify that object. Next, use the object spy and point to that object in your application. Compare the property values in the Object Spy with the OR and see what is changing. You will probably need to use some sort of Regular Expression with the property so that UFT will ignore the change.

For instance, say you have an edit field with a text label that says ''Update User 192837465'' and this value changes each time you launch the application for your test. You need to change the number value but leave the other text to make the object as unique as possible. You can use a regular expression.

Go into the OR, find the object and find the property, such as text in this case, and click it. You will see a little icon appear to the right of the text value. Click it to edit the value. Next, click the regular expression checkbox. Delete the text that is changing, and replace it with a regular expressions, such as .*. So now, the value would look like ''Update User .*'' Click OK to update the value and then repeat this for any other property having issues. Then close the OR and test.

For more information, here's a list of regular expressions you can use:

[link text][1]

[1]: https://help.libreoffice.org/Common/List_of_Regular_Expressions

Marked as spam
Posted by (Questions: 2, Answers: 477)
Answered on January 10, 2017 3:09 pm

Welcome back to "EyeOnTesting" brought to you by Orasi Software, Inc.

Scroll to Top