This was one of the hacks used below:
- Download/Install 7zip on Server
- Go to path: C:Program FilesMercuryQuality Centerjbossserverdefaultdeploy
- Use 7Zip to modify qcbin.war
- Edit Start_a.htm
- Modify line to include IE 8
a. var fMSIE67 = (ua.lastIndexOf('MSIE 6.0') != -1)|| (ua.lastIndexOf('MSIE 7.0') != -1) || (ua.lastIndexOf('MSIE 8.0') != -1);
- Save file and 7zip should update/redeploy the war.
Beware, modifications of this type are NEVER supported by HP. Hacks such as these may violate the terms of the support agreement. HP Support may require the customer to reinstall Quality Center to reach a a pristine state before HP Support can resume.