This appears to be related to a IE permissions on Windows machines. Please find the three fixes for this issue:
1. Running VuGen as an Administrator:
? Drop a VuGen icon on the desktop
? Right click and select properties
i. Select the ''Compatibility'' Tab
ii. Check the ''Run this program as an Administrator'' checkbox
iii. Press the ''Change setting for all users'' button
iv. Check the ''Run this program as an Administrator'' checkbox
v. Press ''Apply''
vi. Press ''OK''
vii. Press ''Apply
viii. Press ''OK''
2. Setting IE to run as an Administrator:
a. Right click on IE, select ''Properties''
b. Select the ''Shortcut'' tab
c. Click the ''Advanced'' button
d. Check the ''Run as administrator'' check box
e. Click ''OK''
f. Close IE
g. Start VuGen as an Administrator, and re-try to develop a TruClient script using IE
3. Another possible cause is that there are missing registry keys, since the machine browser was just upgraded to IE. Please select the appropriate platform of the VuGen machine using a local administrator account.
* On a 32bit platform a single ''Version Vector'' registry key should be present as follows:
? HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftInternet ExplorerVersion Vector -> IE = 9.0000 REG_SZ
* On a 64bit platforms two ''Version Vector'' registry keys should be present as follows:
? HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftInternet ExplorerVersion Vector -> IE = 9.0000 (REG_SZ)
? HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREWow6432NodeMicrosoftInternet ExplorerVersion Vector -> IE = 9.0000 (REG_SZ)
To add a registry key follow these steps:
1. Click ''Start'', type ''regedit'' and press ''Return'' to start the Registry Editor,
2. Navigate to the location where the above keys are located(32bit Platform or 64bit Platform) in the left hand pane
3. If there is no key named ''IE'' displayed in the right hand pane, right-click in the right hand pane and select ''New -> String Value''
4. Specify the name as ''IE''
5. Specify the value as ''9.0000''
a. If there is an key named ''IE'', then ensure that it's value is ''9.0000''
6. Close the registry and retry the failing operation