I have had to do this before. These are the steps that I found working with an HP engineer in the past:
1. In the browser, go to the Apps url for ALM. If your url is different, please adjust
2. Click the Client Logs Configuration Tool link. Click the Run button when prompted.
3. In the left-hand pane of the HP ALM Client Log Manager, click QTP
4. In the Available Categories, Click LogCatQCIntegratior and click the single move arrow
to move to the right pane which is Selected Categories.
5. Change Category level to Debug2 from the drop-down list
6. Next, move the ErrorLog from the Available Categories over to Selected Categories like
you did above. Make sure the category level for this log is set to Debug2 as well.
7. Change the Path location to a location that will be easy to find later. You can create
a new folder if needed to store them.
8. Click the Apply button
Now try to reproduce the issue you are having. After doing this, check the folder location specified for the Path setting, and find the log files (if any) and look in those for issues.