You can change the properties QTP uses for recognition pretty easily.
1. Tools>>Object Identification
2. Select the environment for the object in the drop-down list (Web, Standard Windows, .NET, etc.)
3. Click on the object class on the left. You will see the object's mandatory and assistive properties listed.
4. Click the Add/Remove button under the mandatory properties, and select the property or properties you want to force QTP to use, and uncheck the ones you don't.
4. Click OK when finished to close the window.
Keep in mind that this only affects new objects that are learned after the change is made. It doesn't affect existing objects in the repository.