To run the ALM Octane server application in Linux OS without the admin role:
1) Create a simple user, such as : useradd octaneuser
2) Change the owner of ALM Octane server application folders to be that user.
For example: chown octaneuser:octaneuser /opt/octane -R
3) Edit the /opt/octane/wrapper/HPALM script:
a. Search for RUN_AS_USER
b. Uncomment the line #RUN_AS_USER=
c. Change it to RUN_AS_USER=octaneuser (as in the example above
4) Install the ALM Octane service: /opt/octane/wrapper/HPALM install
5) Run the service: /opt/octane/wrapper/HPALM start
NOTE: In cluster environments, the user must be the owner of the shared repository directory.