i’m fairly new to the Automation and am facing issues with running my tests from QC-ALM. I’ll try to explain the problems step-by-step:
1. I developed scripts on a PC by remoting into it from my desktop.
2. UFT is installed on both machines
3. ALM is on my Desktop
4. configured to "allow other HP products
5. Connectivity add-in is installed on both the Host (UFT) machines as well as the QC machine.
6. when I open UFT on the remote machine (using RDP) and run the script it works as expected
7. when I try to run the test from QC(ALM), the test fires up and starts byt it does not identify the objects the same way (Note: i RDP into the machine and keep the window maximised)
8. Eg., when i developed through RDP session, an object was identified as: VbWindow("vbname:=frmSplash").VbWindow("vbname:=frmDisclaimer").Click 972,301
9. but when i tried to run the test through QC-ALM, it does not work, instead it identifies the same as this: window("text:=Control Room Client","x:=1409","y:=322").Window("regexpwndclass:=ThunderRT6FormDC","x:=761","y:=362").Click 972,301
I’m not sure why this is happening as i developed the scripts using RDP session to start with as i was planning to run them using QC-ALM
any advice/guidance will be greatly appeaciated.
thanks and regards