1) First, make sure you are using UFT v14.01 to ensure the widest compatibility umbrella. Only UFT 14.01 supports both Edge versions (13.10586 - 14.14393) and 15.15063. Also, UFT 14.01 is the only version of UFT that supports all Windows 10 versions 1511, 1607 (Anniversary Update) and 1703 (Creators Update).
(reference: pages 8 and 3 respectively of the attached UFT 14.xx PAM: https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/km/KM02692341/UFT_14.xx_PAM.pdf)
2) Make sure your Windows 10 machine is up-to-date with Windows Updates. This will ensure you are using the latest version of Microsoft Edge.
*Windows 10 Pro, Version 1703 (Creators Update), OS Build 15063.674
*Microsoft Edge 40.15063.674.0
3) Once you have your Windows 10 machine updated and UFT 14.01 installed, follow these steps to install the Microsoft WebDriver; this is required for UFT to ''talk'' with applications under test running in Microsoft Edge:
(e.g., download Microsoft WebDriver Release 15063 to correspond with Edge version 40.15063.674.0)
4) Once the appropriate MicrosoftWebDriver.exe is downloaded and placed in the UFT installation/program folder's bin directory as per step 3, make sure all browsers are closed (especially Edge) and make sure UFT is closed (confirm no instances are open via Windows Task Manager).
5) Open UFT and make sure the Web Add-in is enabled.
6) Either open or create a new GUI Test.
7) Open ''Edge Agent for Functional Testing'' by one of the following methods:
*The Desktop shortcut
*Start -> All apps -> HPE Software -> Edge Agent for Functional Testing
*In the Record and Run Settings dialog box, select Edge as the Browser type
*Right-click the ''Edge Agent for Functional Testing'' icon on the Desktop, select Properties, copy the ''Target'' path, and use SystemUtil.Run. Example:
SystemUtil.Run ''C:Program Files (x86)HPEUnified Functional TestingbinWebDriverHost.exe'', ''https://www.google.com''
8) Read through and be aware of the Known Issues when using Microsoft Edge and UFT:
9) Read through and be aware of the available support for the Microsoft Edge browser and UFT:
10) Additional resources:
HPE/Micro Focus blog overview/introduction:
EyeOnTesting.com troubleshooting links: