To help minimize this issue of a script locking, changing the "LOCK_TIMEOUT" site parameter to the minimum value of 1 hour. The default is 10 hours. Making this change, will ensure that the wait time that a script is locked is only 1 hour.
In order to change the site parameter, log into the ALM Site Administration and do the following:
- Log into the ALM Site Administration site
- Navigate to the "Site Configuration" tab
- Locate the LOCK_TIMEOUT Parameter in the Parameter list
- Select the LOCK_TIMEOUT Parameter
- Select "Edit" icon at the menu level
- The "Edit" dialog will appear for the LOCK_TIMEOUT parameter and change the value from 10 to 1
- Select "OK" button to close the "Edit" dialog
Micro Focus states the following Description for "LOCK_TIMEOUT" site parameter:
"The maximum number of hours that ALM objects can remain locked. After this time, the lock is removed. By default, the value is set to 10 hours. "
The "LOCK_TIMEOUT" Site parameter minimum value is 1 hour.
For further information on this topic, please review the following Site Parameters link below, which lists out all Site Parameters: (Note that the Site Parameters are listed alphabetically).
In addition, if a 1 hour wait is not a solution for your team, from the ALM Site Administration site you can remove an existing lock:
Check for the td.locks table of the particular project in the ALM Site Administration > "Site Project" tab. Check if there are any records in the td.locks table.
If yes, then delete them and notify the Orasi Hosting team to restart the ALM Service. The SQL command to delete all locked records from the td.locks table is the following:
DELETE FROM td.locks;
I hope this helps