According to HP/HPE, Starting with QC11.52, the Project Unique ID (PUID) related to the QCP file cannot be modified in the dbid.xml. It must be changed on the SOURCE project (record int the qcsiteadmin_db database/schema) after generating the QCP file.
The mechanism starting with QC/ALM 11.5x changed. The PUID in the dbid.xml is HASHed meaning that it can no longer be changed directly in the QCP's DBID.xml file.
Here are the NEW steps to use a QCP to copy a project into the same server:
1) Generate QCP from ''source'' project
2) Use DB tool to login to the qc_siteadmin (or similar name) database (for editing data in tables)
3) Open PROJECTS table and find your project in PROJECT_NAME column
4) Check the corresponding number under PROJECT_UID column.
It should have the following similar format ''037f199c-8357-4683-aeb5-9cc16f71f135''
5) Run an update statement on that record by modifying the last 4 values (similar if Oracle)
UPDATE PROJECTS SET PROJECT_UID = '037f199c-8357-4683-aeb5-9cc16f71g246' WHERE PROJECT_NAME = 'NAME_XXX'
(the purpose of this is to use SQL to change the PUID of the existing/source project)
Note: this value must be changed using this method or it will not work
6) Save the changes to record
7) Logout and Login to the ALM 11.5 or later Site Administrator
8) Import the project from .qcp format - make sure to give new unique project name
You may want to make sure you have a backup of the SOURCE project schema and repository BEFORE importing from QCP.